Monday, December 28, 2009

It's Monday, and hopefully we have all survived the craziness of the holidays. My family celebrated at our last (of eight) Christmas parties last night, so I am happy to start to get back into a normal routine. And for me, that means scrapping!

One thing I love to do when scrapping is to use a themed kit for a layout that has nothing to do with that theme whatsoever. It may be a birthday kit that I use for a baby layout, or a beach kit that I use for an Easter layout. It's fun to challenge myself to think outside the box, and I usually end up loving the results! Plus, it's a great way to stretch your bucks and use kits over and over again.

Here is an example using one of Sarah Bennett's newest kits, Merry and Bright. (Image is linked to store.)

Clearly, this is an AMAZING Christmas kit! But I love the colors in the kit and realized that it would be perfect for some photos of my girls doing a craft. So here's the layout I created that is totally NON-Christmasy:

Fun, right? The super cool alpha is called "Clearly Funky" and is available at Scrap Matters. (Image is linked to store.)

I challenge you to try to use some of Sarah's themed kits in a new way, too!

Happy Scrapping!

Annisa

1 comment: