Monday, January 4, 2010

Tough Boy Spot Light

Happy New Year fellow scrappers! Megg here checking in and hoping that everyone had a safe and happy holiday! It's so exciting to think that another year has begun again. I think it's pretty safe to say that the holidays are now officially over...phew. They always bring with them such a magic and special feeling, but at our house it always kicks up the chaos meter. All the rushing, shopping, caroling, baking, partying, and being with friends and family. It makes me exhausted all over again just thinking about it.

The beginning of the year is always a time to think of things that we want to do better, and make resolutions to do those things. In thinking of resolutions I could make, one of them is to stay on track with my scrapping. Sounds really tough, right? Well, the next few months in particular are going to be pretty nuts for my family as we finish grad school, move out of state, and try to start paying off some of those student loans. Toss two kiddos in the mix, and we've got some pretty busy times ahead. But scrapping is something I can't let go of. The last few weeks we've been traveling a lot with the holidays, and so I haven't been able to scrap. I felt that void inside of myself like a gaping hole. So one of my resolutions is to stay on top of it. Even when life gets nuts, and I have a tendancy to put my self on the back burner, I'm gonna try not to.

In honor of all that crazyness now being over, I thought it would be good to spotlight some pages that were done by individuals that actually took the time to scrap this past holiday season. They were so cute and used Sarah's latest kit "Tough Boy". You can click on the preview below to get linked to her store.

This first layout was "rowdy boy" by Linz. You can click on the image below to get her credits.
I just loved how she used to cute elements to highlight those funny faces.
This second layout was "Zurg vs. Scott" done by ktanker, and you can click on the image for credits as well.
What I liked most about her page was how cool and witty her title work was. It just makes the pictures all that more interesting. Great use of stitching as well.
Thanks so much ladies! You did an amazing job! It's looking at layouts like these that gets me excited about scrapping this year. Now all I have to do is get home and unpack...Uggg

Happy New Year and Happy Scrapping!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for featuring my layout! I love this kit, it was perfect for that layout!

    ReplyDelete